Experience Points Gaining Variants
Hello dear D&D members,
After much thinking and getting ideas from a few members, I have decided to make a few variants to the rules about gaining experience points. Originally you were only allowed to gain experience points from either fighting battles or completing quests, but I would like to introduce into the game more ways of gaining the points from doing various tasks. Please vote whether you like this idea or not after reading this post thoroughly.
Here are the variant ways of gaining experience points.
• Bluffing: successfully catching a bluff.
• Crafting: successfully crafting a single item.
• Diplomacy: successfully changing the attitude of an NPC.
• Disable Device: successfully disabling a trap.
• Intimidate: successfully intimidating an NPC.
• Knowledge (any): successfully answering a question regarding the knowledge skill, or discovering something.
• Open Lock: successfully picking a lock.
• Perform (any): successfully on how well a performance goes.
• Search/Spot: successfully searching for something very hard to find.
The amount of experience points you gain depends on how well you succeeded on the task.
|Rate of Success||Condition of Success||EXP Gain|
|Normal||5-10 above DC||50 EXP|
|Good||11-15 above DC||100 EXP|
|Great||16-20 above DC||150 EXP|
|Amazing||20+ above DC||200 EXP|
*** If you have any suggestions or ideas regarding this, please feel free to reply below. ***
Last edited by Dungeon Master on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total